Miami-Dade County Flexible Benefit Plans for employees operate on a "plan year" which runs from January 1 through December 31.
These Plans include: medical, wellness, dental, basic life, accidental death and dismemberment (AD&D), the County death benefit.
Optional supplemental plans include: vision insurance, short-term and/or long-term disability insurance, optional life insurance, legal insurance, deferred compensation programs, flexible spending accounts and more.
There are several resources to help you understand your benefit options. Please take the time to review the following materials so that you can learn about all the benefits of working for Miami-Dade County.
- Miami-Dade County offers eligible employees single and family level coverage for a variety of group insurance plans. We have provided you with a benefits comparison chart of the bi-weekly Plan Rates.
- The YourBeneFITS Guide and Benefit Highlights is a summary of the Miami-Dade County Group Insurance Programs and includes plan descriptions and provisions that govern the programs.
- Employees have a variety of opportunities to improve health and earn rewards through the Wellness Works program.
Group Insurance vendor options can be found in the YourBeneFITS Guide or on the Open Enrollment portal. Additional, information about your benefits can be found on the Benefits homepage.
View Your Current Benefits
To view your current benefits:
- Log on to eNet
- Select the Paycheck & Paystub link
- On the next screen, select the Benefits Summary link
Your current selections will be displayed.
The Human Resources Department provides centralized personnel services for all County departments.
We work with departments to identify and assist with workforce issues including a renewed emphasis on performance management and standardized discipline policies, employee development and knowledge transfer, ongoing evaluation of workplace rules, and implementation of workforce metrics to measure and analyze overtime utilization, absenteeism, appeals, payroll issues, and employee development needs.
We coordinate negotiation of collective bargaining agreements and develop viable and sustainable healthcare options. Employee programs include training, wellness and diversity.
We provide residents and employees with a means to have discrimination cases heard and resolved through investigation, mediation, and appeals.