It seems like just yesterday the Miami-Dade County EDGE team packed into a room to sketch out the blueprint for a system that would transform the County’s business processes. With the blueprint taking shape, the team decided it was time to give the system a name – INFORMS.
What does INFORMS mean?
INFORMS stands for INtegrated Financial Resources Management System. It’s the brand name of the technology that will modernize outdated budget, procurement, human resources and financial operations. The name is fitting because the system will gather the information the County needs to make smart decisions by integrating data from different management systems in one place.
INFORMS provides the basis for continued enhancement and evolution of our County business processes so that the system keeps pace with the many changes that the County will face for years to come. INFORMS will truly inform our decisions.
INFORMS is the name of Miami-Dade County’s Enterprise Resources Planning (ERP) project. ERPs streamline and modernize an organization’s business processes and technologies, so they operate more efficiently. INFORMS will involve replacing the County’s Financial and Administrative systems, all Human Resources systems, Time & Leave and Payroll applications, as well as upgrading Hyperion (Budget Analysis Tool or BAT). The project will use various Oracle ERP software products, including PeopleSoft v9.2.
Some of the business drivers for this project include:
- Business process improvement
- Elimination of paper-based processes
- Simplification of data collection processes and business functions across departments
- Centralized tracking mechanisms
Frequently Asked Questions
- Countywide integrated PeopleSoft Financial, Human Resources and Payroll systems
- Countywide budgeting and analytics
- Hyperion budget planning
- Implemented over four years
- Improved service by replacing multiple disparate systems with fully integrated systems
- Empowerment of Miami-Dade County staff and citizens with enhanced self-service
- Best in class operations through modernization, improved efficiency and workflow while enabling access
- Flexibility to adapt to change and meet state and regulatory requirements
- RFP - Competitive solicitation to obtain financing and fixed price implementation
- Dedicated project team to work with consultants (departmental and central County staff)
- Deploy industry leading practices
- Use of third-party assurance to aid in implementation governance
- Establishment of Executive Steering Committee, Operating Working Committee and Center of Excellence (COE)