May is Mental Health Month. Nearly one in four adults of every age, race and gender suffer with a mental health disorder each year in the U.S. That’s 57.8 million working Americans according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
Take care of your mental health and attend Build Emotional Wellness and Thrive, an event where you can learn about the support provided by the County from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Wednesday, May 17 on the 18th floor of the Stephen P. Clark Center.
Enjoy a refreshment from Wellness Cloud and a five-minute chair massage. Visit the EAP’s Well Mind table for some guided meditation and emotional wellness tips. Participate in a 30-minute yoga session in 18-1 from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.
The following community partners and businesses will be present:
- 1934 Soapciety
- Beyond Med
- Bloom Health
- Child Bereavement Center
- Consolidated Credit
- Human Rights & Fair Employment Practices/ HR
- Dade County Federal Credit Union
- Employee Assistance Program
- Essential Oil Jewel
- Florida Department of Health in Miami-Dade County
- Foster Parents/ Catholic Charities
- I THRIVE
- Miami Dade Public Library
- MissionSquare Retirement
- NAMI - National Alliance on Mental Illness
- Nationwide Retirement Solutions
- Office of Consumer Protection/ RER
- Parks, Recreation and Public Spaces/ UF-IFAS Extension
- Tropical Financial Credit Union
If you are unable to attend in person, we welcome you to participate and learn more about emotional wellness on our virtual panels throught the month. Here are the dates and topics scheduled for the four panel sessions scheduled for May.
- May 3: Let’s Talk about Trauma
- May 10: Family Mental Health
- May 24: Cultivating Self-Empathy & Compassion
- May 31: Managing Emotional Wellness at Work
Also, you can participate in the Dade County Federal Credit Union Prize Hunt. Visit goosechase to download the Goosechase app. Enter game code WP95JZ. Then, complete the missions for a chance to win $150.
If you or a loved one are struggling, there is hope and support. Call 305-375-3293 to speak with a licensed clinician and learn more about EAP's services.WellTalks Calendar